Spray Tan FAQs
Will my skin be orange?
Mystic Tan products are designed to counter the unwanted orange undertone with an anti-orange complex that uniquely blends the perfect dose of professional-grade ingredients that play nicely with your skin. Just don't overuse tanning products or tan too frequently. It also helps to exfoliate your skin before each tanning session.
Will my skin have a self-tanning odor?
Not all skin chemistry is the same, but 89% of Mystic panelists surveyed said ‘little or no odor’. Why? Mystic Tan is formulated with breakthrough odor control technology, D-Odor200™, designed to virtually eliminate the self-tanning odor.
Can I spray tan my face; is it ok for sensitive skin?
Yes, you can use Mystic Tan products on your face. Our products are non-comedogenic, meaning they won’t clog your pores.
If you do have a history of sensitive skin, we recommend talking with your doctor before using any products on your skin.
How long will my spray tan last?
Your spray tan can last up to a week. If you routinely workout or swim, it can fade a little sooner. To avoid a quick fade and to help the tan last longer, it’s important to moisturize daily. Tiki Tan offers several tan extender options to meet your needs.
Why spray tan?
Sunless Spray Tans can help you look and feel amazing! They are a great option if you are short on time and need instant color. Feel confident and radiant at weddings, reunions, interviews, or any other special event in your life, with a Mystic Spray Tan from Tiki Tan!
How do I prepare for my spray tan session?
1. Shave or Wax 12-18 hours prior to your Spray Tan session.
- Hair can block the solution, but you want to allow time for your pores to close for a smoother overall appearance. Also, the extra time allows the skin to return to its normal pH level prior to the session.
- Remove dead skin cells to allow for a more even, richer tan.
3. Have Clean Skin
- Perfume, make-up, deodorant, lotion, moisturizer, oil, bronzers, etc., can create a barrier which reduces the effectiveness of your spray tan. Clean skin lessens the risk of streaking.
4. Apply Nail Polish to Fingernails/Toenails
- Even a clear coat of polish can help block solution and prevent nail discoloration.
5. Wear Dark, Loose Fitting Clothing
- Loose clothing will not rub away the fresh tan. DHA solution can stain fabric, so you'll want to avoid light colored clothing.
What should I do after my spray tan session?
1. Keep Skin Dry for at least 6 hours
- Wait to shower, and avoid sweating, swimming, etc. or applying make-up in order to allow the DHA time to develop on your skin.
2. Shower in Cool or Warm water and Blot Dry
- Best to avoid hot showers and vigorous towel drying which can have an exfoliating affect.
3. Hydrate Before and After
- Dry skin sheds and reduces the life of any tan. Hydrate daily for healthy looking skin.
4. Avoid Pool/Spa Chemicals and Salt Water
- Pool/spa chemicals such as Chlorine and Bromine, as well as Salt Water can cause premature fading.
5. Protect against Exfoliation
- Shave less often. Avoid scrubs and use regular body wash.
6. Moisturize Daily with Oil Free Products
- A variety of products that complement a spray tan are available in our salons.
Note: Products containing mineral oils and sulfates can significantly reduce the life of your spray tan.